C.P.S.P MEANS “CERTIFIED PRACTISING SPEECH PATHOLOGIST”
The letters can be used after a speech pathologist’s name to signify the speech pathologist is registered with the national Australian organisation, Speech Pathology Australia, and he/she participates in a variety of professional development activities each year. These activities may include:
- Attending or presenting at workshops and conferences
- Reading journal articles and books
- Completing online courses
- Mentoring other speech pathologists
- Updating with new test equipment
- Developing new treatment programs
Working with a Certified Practising Speech Pathologist is one way that parents have of ensuring they are receiving a quality service with a practitioner who is committed to maintaining up-to-date professional standards.
Fiona is a member of Speech Pathology Australia (M.S.P.A.) and is a Certified Practising Speech Pathologist (C.P.S.P.).